29 January 2008

Personal story - what's it like living with dementia?

2007 – A good year in spite of dementia
Health Central: 14 January 2008
With the new year approaching, I am being reflective. I don't know what 2008 will hold for me. This year, 2007, brought me dementia and time to get used to the diagnosis.

The year 2007 started out innocently enough. I had signs of a problem: forgetfulness, inability to follow directions given in any form, etc. My neurologist was concerned, so I was sent to George Washington Hospital for testing with a psychologist. I was diagnosed with Cognitive Disorder NOS. Social Security then sent me to one of their doctors where I received the final diagnosis of dementia… > full story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alzheimer's Australia NSW

Alzheimer's Australia NSW
Alzheimer's Australia NSW

Latest headlines from Library News

Library News

Total Pageviews