22 March 2009

A personal story

Family support can be invaluable
OurAlzheimers.com: 20 March 2009
Leah writes about an every day experience of dealing with dementia. This story will put a smile on your face….

The funniest thing happened the other day. I got summons for court duty! First, I groaned. Then, I said NEAT! And soon after I realized that, with dementia, I couldn’t serve on a jury. Ever hear the term MISTRIAL? So, reluctantly, and with some humor, I wrote a note, included my social security notice of disability and sent it back. Sigh…it would have been a great experience.

But, having dementia may have some benefits… > read Leah’s story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alzheimer's Australia NSW

Alzheimer's Australia NSW
Alzheimer's Australia NSW

Latest headlines from Library News

Library News

Total Pageviews