Department of Health & Ageing: 12 August 2009
Education and training for allied health workers is now just a mouse click away after a new web-based training package was launched today. The Project was undertaken by Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health Inc (SARRAH). … > full press release
SARRAH Education and Training website provides education resources and interactive training modules for Allied Health Professionals moving to, working in or contemplating taking up, practice in remote and rural Australia.
The toolkit includes a information, resources and support pathways around
- Remote & Rural Context (defining rural & remote, demography & population, health profile, access, remoteness & rurality, links & further reading)
- Remote & Rural Practice (opportunities, challenges, primary health care, service delivery)
- Skills & Competencies (professional, remote & rural, clinical)
- Orientation, Development & Support
Learning Modules that focus on key issues for remote and rural practice, including:
- Self Care
- Confidentiality & Professional Boundaries
- Cultural Safety
- Translating Evidence Based Practice
- Introduction to Primary Health Care.
For a full list of content review the Site Map